BriBUS - UTB Foundation Programme in Business
Study level : Foundation
Programme : UTB
The programme is created as a pathway to applicants who fall short of A-level or IB points to meet the university's minimum entry requirement and designed to equip students with basic knowledge and skills and exposure of studying programmes that are offered by School of Business. Students will be able to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to become effective and efficient business studies students.
- At least a Credit Six in the Malay language at GCE Ordinary Level (applicable only for Brunieans applying for a Goverment Scholarship).
- At least a Credit Six in Mathematics at GCE Ordinary Level or its equivalent.
At least a Credit Six in English Language at GCE Ordinary Level or an IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL minimum overall score 550 or its equivalent.
The minimum programme entry requirements to the Foundation programme are:
- A minimum of 140 'A' Level points for 3 'A' Level passes in relevant English medium subjects
-A minimum of 120 'A' Level points for 2 'A' Level passes in relevant English Medium subjects
-An International Baccalaureate Diploma score of 18 points
Relevant subjects normally include Accounting, Economics, Management of Business / Business Studies, Mathematics, Computer Studies, Additional Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, Geography, Public Affairs, History, Sociology, Psychology and Law.
The following are used for calculation of 'A' level points:
A* : 140
A : 120
B : 100
C : 80
D : 60
E : 40
- Standard assessment requirements as prescribed in the module specifications and UTB regulations.
Eligibility for admission into UTB Business Degree Programmes:
- Student who obtain at least 50% marks per enrolled module will be eligible for admission into the first year of business degree programmes of their choice.
1. Demonstration basic understanding of core business management studies to support business process.
2. Apply basic knowledge to create and design innovative business solutions.
3. Able to recognize and analyze basic business opportunities.
4. Demonstrate independent and team-work learning skills.
How to apply:
-Application for UTB-SB Foundation Programme is made online through the Apply@UTBportal. Where this option is not easily accessible for the applicant, computers are available at the UTB Staff and Students Centre (SSC).
Email for enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Directly register on our KIGS Online Registration
Semester 1 :
- Mathematics for Business
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Management and Marketing
- Business Economics